Saint James is an independent, nonsectarian, college preparatory school with a student body broadly representative of college-bound students. We are committed to challenging and assisting students in realizing their individual potential and preparing them for lives of responsibility, service, and achievement.
2022-2027 Saint James School Strategic Plan
Develop and nurture the whole child through intentional student and academic programming
- Increase the emphasis on data-driven decision-making to facilitate improvements in curriculum, instruction, and programming and to positively impact student achievement and performance.
- Implement new or enhanced programs and services that cultivate the school’s continuous focus on developing the whole child.
- Examine and enhance current college preparation programs, opportunities, and services to further strengthen one of the state’s leading college preparatory programs.
- Develop a school-wide learning support program which helps all students maximize their academic potential.
- Enhance all aspects of the athletic program in order to build up well-rounded student athletes and to grow school spirit and student engagement within the school community.
- Vitalize the fine and performing arts program through increased engagement within the school, the development of a plan to enhance facilities, and exploration of community connections.
Further solidify the school’s position as an exemplary college preparatory school
- Optimize fundraising efforts to position Saint James School for long-term success.
- Analyze the needs, expectations, and desires of current and prospective Saint James School families to establish meaningful, productive, and lasting engagement with the school and its students.
- Increase brand awareness and support of the school’s mission and key differentiators through marketing, communication, and engagement efforts.
- Grow engagement within the local community through increased student service opportunities, community partnerships, and alumni involvement.
Foster emotional health and well-being of students and faculty
- Implement effective professional development opportunities for faculty and staff that support the emotional health and well-being of the school community.
- Explore the development of new daily school schedules to promote student and faculty wellness and best accommodate student activities and programs.
- Strengthen the existence of a strong values-centered school culture characterized by safety, respect, and emotional support which promotes whole child development.
- Utilize a process of continuous improvement to strengthen programs and services related to the mental and emotional health and well-being of students, faculty, and staff.
Promote a school culture that engages students academically, emotionally, and socially
- Implement strategies for weaving essential core values, social competencies, and character habits into the school culture and community on a daily basis.
- Strengthen communication and collaboration among all school stakeholders to ensure that students are engaged and challenged and moving towards the realization of their highest potential.
- Implement initiatives aligned with the school’s core values and mission which promote the continuance of a diverse and inclusive school community and enhance the school’s welcoming family culture.
Strengthen school operations and facilities for the future
- Develop a long-term financial plan that optimizes strategic budgeting and planning to strengthen the school’s financial position.
- Evaluate and refine current employee practices and procedures to continue building the strongest team to serve Saint James School students and maximize the school’s mission and impact.
- Articulate and reinforce essential expectations for Saint James School faculty and staff members.
- Enhance the campus environment to ensure that it is safe, clean, comfortable, and attractive; promotes learning; and fosters student, staff, and school pride.